Thursday, June 24, 2010

Welcome to the Sweet Peach Crop Shop Blog Hop

Hopefully you have arrived from http://www.sweetpeachcropshop.com/blog/. If not you need to start there and then go down the list of all of us designers. We all have different techniques we would like to share with you today. Mine today is a misting technique, I chose this one.....because in this months kit you get a bottle of Glimmer Mist spray ~ (Creme de Rose). First I started by taking a piece of The Girls Paperie ( mixed dots ) which is in the kit for this month and cutting a 4 1/2 x 12 piece this I will use for my template for misting.I also randomly cut out some of the circles, now since I was going to reuse those circles I used my Xacto Knife since I don't have a circle punch that size.

Now lay the paper on top of your plain cardstock anywhere you want the circles to show up on your cardstock, that is the beauty of this, you can move it around and have 2 or 10 circles.
The only thing left to do is start spritzing, use a little or use a lot. It just depends on your preference.
Here is my finial layout all put together......remember when I talked about reusing those circles that I cut out, I made a little flower out of them on this layout.

Make sure you leave a comment on my blog and let me know what you liked about this techinque or if you like to use mist sprays. By leaving a comment you could have a chance at a prize from http://www.sweetpeachcropshop.com/blog/ and make sure you visit all of the other ladies as well. Sunday night at midnight ET, the blog hop ends and Monday morning, random winners will be announced! There will be one winner from each blog and then one Grand Prize winner randomly chosen from everyone who commented. That is SIX chances to win!!! (One from each blog and one Grand Prize!) What’s the Grand Prize? One July kit!

22 comments:

corrie said...

So excited! Who else will see all this greatness??

Brianna said...

So cute! Love the polka dots!

nursela said...

Another AWESOME way to use GM!! LOVE what you did with it and that you used the flower you cut out on your layout!

Desiree Hetrick said...

Nice use of the glimmer mist, and I like the white space on your layout. I am definitely in the mood to scrap now!

angie gutshall said...

Love your misting! Cute layout!

GrannyCharlotte said...

Misting seems to be such a neat tactic to use on layouts. The circles are neat. TFS.

Places to Go and Things to Eat said...

I feel my mojo coming back! I appreciate the simplicity of the page without it being simple.

Kathy said...

love all the techniques I am seeing during this blog hop great idea

Candace H said...

♥ your misted dots! I should mist more often... thanks for the inspiration!

Debbie said...

Love the circle effect with the misting. Need to give it a try!

lori said...

love dots but i really love how they are variagated in shades!! love the technique for making a background, very clever and resourceful using those circles for a flower. you go girl!

Anonymous said...

The polka dots are cute! I've experimented with glimmer mist but haven't really used them with masks yet; mostly just to color white flowers.

Tina Mayo said...

love the dots..I have a bottle somewhere and have never used it..but these masks or templates may be what I try with it..Thanks for showing us how..

Nicole Brenna said...

I like to use mist... I make my own though out of water food die and perfect pearls...

Catherine said...

Love the affect this had on the LO. I keep seeing all these wonderful misting techniques...I'm going to have to try it!

Janet's Joy said...

I like to mist too. Your page is very cute!

Linda said...

I love the dimension that you have achieved by misting the circles. Very lovely idea. Thank you.

Kelly Massman said...

Love the look! I love misting but don't always think of a lot of creative masks! TFS!

lfalduto said...

I do love misting spray and have some...but I always forget to use it! Time to break it out, leave it on my desk, and start spraying! Thanks for the inspiration!

Kas said...

Love your comments - what jokesters have to say....
The layout is sweet. The misted dots make it so soft!

Karen said...

I need to break out my glimmer mist- ahven't use it much lately :P

ruth said...

Very cute Julie!!! Now I'm not going to even want to throw my chipboard base garbage away thinking it will make a great template! :) LOL I really don't need anything more to collect. ;)